Monday, March 9, 2009

a memoir of sorts (revision 2)


My strength has limits. I'm not always this bold.

I went to bed earlier, but awoke afraid.

This fear should dissipate, or so I am told.


My face was hot with sweat, but the air outside was cold.

I decided to delete your number today.

My strength has limits. I'm not always this bold.


I stayed at home, hoping to release this ache of old

while my family went to church to pray.

This fear should dissipate, or so I am told.


I took you to an event once. (It was cold.)

I laughed, trying to cover the mistakes I had made.

My violet dress was satin, different from my usual mold.

My strength has limits.  I'm not always this bold.


I cried over you, not realizing it was my dignity that had been sold.

I received your letter at work, in the midst of my day.

I took a pill or several, and then in my bed I laid.

This fear should dissipate, or so I am told.


I think I've given up. Take my cards. I finally fold.

My phone is empty now, why did i keep those numbers anyway?

Maybe if I find someone new these wounds will fade.

My strength has limits. I'm not always this bold.

This fear should dissipate, or so I am told.

4 comments:

  1. I dont know, E. I almost like the very original better than either of the revisions. Maybe i need to do a better job of revising idk? the first version just seems to make the most sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think you're right... but, eh, the revision process is fun. let's go back to version #1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha...im going to keep working on it..
    i quite positive i did not do follow the vilanelle form at all either. so maybe if ido that, it would be better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. or maybe i should learn how to speak proper english seeing as how i completely butchered that comment hahahaa

    ReplyDelete